3 steps to effective marketing
At the end of 2020, we covered the importance of a marketing budget heading into a new year. As a quick recap, some of the items we suggested you include in advertising and marketing your business in the new year are:
- a monthly checklist to help you plan when and where to advertise for the year
- a well-rounded attack of print and digital media
- an agency to help you execute your plan while keeping your brand intact
Image: In case you missed it, download the free Overstreet Associates Print Calendar – Easy to print and fold to create a great desktop addition. Complete all 12 months to create an eye-catching scene.
Think of marketing as an all encompassing term that includes all forms of advertising, promotions and anything else you do daily to promote your business. Your marketing budget is the total cost of all of these things.
Many franchise owners contribute to a required corporate ad fund as part of their marketing budget. While this is marketing your brand, it’s still important to find additional funds in your budget to market your specific location and the sales and promotions unique to your location. You have a great product or service, but with so many options out there, the key is to have people find you and remember you. If you haven’t allotted funds to do this, now is the time. If you don’t know how to do this on your own, Overstreet is here to help you!At Overstreet, we firmly believe that diversifying your advertising and marketing will garner the most success and we use a 3-Step process to implement this:
1. Set at Least 3 Marketing Goals. We recommend starting with common goals that have predefined success benchmarks. Examples of these types of goals are: Increasing website traffic, growing new business, and increasing revenue. Once your goals are established, make a timeline of how you will attack each goal. In addition, identify and prepare secondary campaigns to roll out in between the established timeline utilizing multiple vehicles.
2. Check Your Current Marketing Foundation. Do a thorough review of your existing marketing foundation to see if you have the right tools in place to reach your goals. Examine your brand, website, and communication collateral and look for areas that can be improved.
3. Spend. Now that your goals are set, success measures are in place and your marketing foundation has been reviewed, it’s time to allocate your budget to achieve your goals!
Overstreet has a wide variety of products to choose from across multiple platforms to help market your business. We’ve got something to fit every budget See below for examples of several of our most popular products.
Point of Purchase (POP)
- Counter Cards
- Register Toppers
Local Store Marketing (LSM)
- Box Toppers
- Bag Stuffers
- Table Tents
- Marriage Mail
- Other Forms for Mailers
- Digital Advertising
- Social Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
ready, set, go!
Are you ready to set your plan in motion? Get in touch with your sales rep today to get started.